Funeral sayings are short sentences or phrases that are related to life, death, dying, or a recent loss that do not necessary rhyme but are though-provoking. They may be taken from old proverbs or said by a famous person such as a past President.They can also come from ancient books, biblical books and well known historical figures. Sayings can be generic, faith based or secular. From a person reading it who was not acquainted with the deceased, it may not make sense to them but what is important is that it is important to the immediate family and close friends.
The Funeral Program Site creates word art from many funeral sayings in an elegant presentation. Each word is carefully given the honor it deserves by the typeface and style created. The use of script and coordinating combinations of lettering style give the end resulting saying an amazing and appealing presentation. They can also be printed and framed and used as a decorative item in a home or office. Most people are attracted to lovely words written in a lovely fashion however, you do not need to present any of the following sayings in that way. They can simply be written out in a simple, easy to read font face and still make the profound impact it does. It is purely by personal preference on which way you like.
You can also add to this list by using a saying your loved one was known to say. It does not have to makes sense to everyone but the family and friends who knew the deceased will remember the words clearly. Funeral sayings can be written and included in your printed memorials or said aloud at the end of a reading or eulogy. Including it somewhere within the service or personalized on a memorial keepsake creates an added special touch for any ceremony.
Here are a list we've compiled for popular funeral sayings. If you use them in a printed document, please remember to credit the person responsible for coining the saying.
- Tears water our growth. –William Shakespeare
- Say not in grief "he is no more" but live in thankfulness that he was. -Hebrew Proverb
- Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where you loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.
- The journey is the reward. -Tao Saying
- The memory of a good person is a blessing. -Proverb 10:7
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.
- Grief is the price we pay for love.
- Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
- May you find comfort in the arms of an angel.
- When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced, live your life in a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. -Native American Proverb
- Some men see things as they are and say "why?", I dream things that never were and say "why not!" -Edward Kennedy
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. -Helen Keller
- We shall find peace. We shall hear angels, we shall see the sky sparkling, with diamonds. -Chekov
- Until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand. -Irish Prayer
- As you danced in the light with joy, love lifted you. As you brushed against this world so gently, you lifted us. -T.C. Ring
- Grieve not, or speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you,. I loved you so–'twas heaven here with you. -Isla Paschal Richardson
- You will make mistakes, learn from them.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The guardian angels of life sometimes fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. -Joan Paul Richter
- To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic. -Alphonse de Lamartine
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, death leaves a memory no one can steal. -Irish Tombstone
You will find many of these funeral saying created with our beautiful word art! Thought worthy words deserve to be written in beautiful form and our word art enhances the beauty of the wording. Most are placed on our memorial keepsake products ready to be given as a sympathy gift or purchased as a family memorial keepsake.